Moving Checklists – Important Things to Plan in Advance!!
Moving home or office is a daunting and time consuming task. It needs meticulous planning in advance. Here are some tips for household moving checklists:
- Pay visit to every room of your house and decide what you need to take along and discard. Also consider if any household stuffs need special packing supplies.
- The next step is to de-clutter your house by donating unwanted clothing, redundant furniture and other household goods (bedding, pots, pans, dishes) to the charities in the town.
- Start looking for professional Packers & movers in your city. Contact them over e-mails or phone but take quotes after onsite investigation.
- Insist estimated costs details in writing from reputed & authorized Packers and Movers in India. Always hire certified and licensed moving company in India.
- Create a moving diary and keep everything in record- all estimated quotations, receipts and inventory of all moving items. Things to be kept handy on the moving date like old newspapers, dusters, medical kit, Torch light, credit card, insurance documents, and instant snacks.
- If you are shifting home in a different locality, then don’t forget to inform post master, your kid’s school/colleges and all utility service providers.
- Arrange boxes and packing materials like Tape, Thermacols, Bubble Wrap, and permanent markers in advance. Also order special containers for moving dish barrels and wardrobe boxes.
- Start using up stuffs that you don’t want to move on the relocation date like frozen or perishable foods and cleaning supplies.
- While moving home, clean and defrost refrigerator a night before relocating home.
- Take measurements of the new rooms and note down their dimensions. Make sure large furniture get accommodated through the doors of the new house.
- One month before the moving date select packers & movers and confirm their arrangements.
- One week prior to move, start packing the things that are not in use very frequently. When packing, keep a note of special value goods that require additional insurance from the Packing and Moving Company.
- Clearly label and number each moving cartons and boxes with its contents.
- You can also segregate & pack the items according to room it’s destined for. This would help you at the time of unpacking. Pack and label important boxes of items you might need right away at your new place.
- Keep valuable items like jewelry and important documents to a safe box. Transport this safe box personally in your private vehicle.
- Take extra care of potted plants and pets while moving them. They are extremely sensitive to new climate and new place. Don’t forget to water your plants generous before shifting them.