Packers and Movers Cost Calculator: A Way of Knowing your Moving Budget in Advance!
If you are planning to relocate no matter what is the reason, we at Thepackersmovers.com are there to help you. It becomes easy to plan out for the whole process of relocation, if you know in advance the cost of moving as per your requirement. You can do that now with our helpful tool called "Cost calculator". You will be able to find out the budget by providing all the related details related to your move.
As an extensive guide, Packers and Movers Cost Calculator simplifies the tasks of planning and organizing your upcoming relocation and make them budget-friendly. That's why Thepackersmovers.com easy-to-use move calculator is a wonderful tool for any customer before, during and after the moving process.
What Is A Moving Cost Calculator?
The decision of relocating or moving to another place leaves people mulling over the amount they should keep aside for the complete moving process. Although every moving company have their own criteria for determining the cost of a move, but a moving cost calculator gives people a fair idea about the tentative cost of their move. This online facility makes people aware of the current pricing trends of the moving companies and let them handle their relocation process in a much wiser way. Using these calculators, they can now have a clear idea of the packer and mover cost estimates and can decide whether they wish to go for a moving company or DIY relocation. Entering the end-to-end locations, size of the move, date of the move, etc. will give a clear estimate of the cost of relocation.
Features of Moving Cost Calculator
The latest innovation in the industry of moving companies, moving cost calculator, has amazing features. They are:
- Tabs for the current location and the destination for the calculation of the distance.
- Selection of the route is also available in some advance moving cost calculators.
- Requirement of the size of the move to access the moving cost
- Identification of obstacles or issues related to the relocation process
- A precise moving cost with a certain moving company will be issued.
Advantages of Online Moving Cost Calculators
Apart from giving a moving cost estimate to the people, the implementation of moving cost calculators on the websites of various packers and movers companies has brought large benefits.
|Advantages To Moving Companies||Advantages To Clients|
|Reduces the costs of visiting client's home to examine the household stuff meant for shifting. || These calculators give the precise results on moving cost estimates within 5 minutes.|
|Minimizes the cost and saves time of personally taking the details of the relocation. || Saves a lot of time in last-minute relocation as people can promptly decides whether to go for a moving company or not.|
|Higher satisfaction to the customers as they can get the approximate prices of moving. ||Helps in finding the most suitable and professional moving company within budget. |
|Attracts more customers due to the precise moving cost estimate. ||The amount reflected by this software is somewhere around the actual moving cost to be paid in the end. |
Here’s how you can Easily Calculate the total cost of your Move
It's quite a tough task to relocate from one place to the other and that too bag and baggage. Relocation comes with a great amount of exhaustion caused because of the entire process. Packing, transportation, unpacking and oodles of other tedious tasks have to be taken care of. And, all that will off course demand for a price to be paid. In addition to investing time, you will need to invest a considerable part of your money.
But, you can very much optimize the cost related to relocation if there's Packing and moving cost calculator that can pre-estimate the cost of moving for you.Thepackersmovers.com, therefore has designed this extremely helpful way of calculating cost of moving.
How does the Packing and Moving Cost Calculator Works?
We have taken care of the fact that the tool is easy to operate and is particularly customer friendly. And here's how it works...
- In the above form, available on this page, you have to fill up all the details that is related to your relocation.
- You have to fill here, the names of the cities you are moving to and from. The buttons are explicitly visible on the page.
- Then, you will be required to provide us with your "shifting need"! That means the kind of possession you are planning to move. If you are going for a house shifting, weather it is from a 1 BHK or 2BHK or so on. Or, tell us if you are planning to move your office or car and accordingly we will accurately calculate the cost of moving for you.
- Next, we will need your name and address to be filled in the online form available here, so that we could be able to contact you and explain everything clearly about "cost of moving" or the total amount of money you will need spent during the whole process of relocation.
- Also, you can get here at, Thepackersmovers.com, the ease of getting quotes from a huge number of packers and movers located in different cities in India.
- Tell us all your details of relocation and we will calculate your cost of moving within 5 minutes!!
Factors Affecting Moving Costs
Relocation is not an easy process; it involves various complex factors which must be considered before actually hiring packers and movers for the shifting job. If these factors are ignored or not paid attention to, then it can make the moving process an expensive and messy one. Know here these factors which you must consider while calculating the moving cost.
- Distance: This factor matter a lot while calculating your moving cost estimate. The longer the distance between the two locations, the larger will be the travel fees charged by the moving companies.
- Weight of the shipment: The more the weight of your stuff, the more will be the cost of the relocation. You can save thousand if you choose to de-clutter your home of all the no more useful things and dispose them off. This will trim down your stuff and reduce the moving cost.
- Use of packing materials: Packers and movers charge for the packing materials used in packing your stuff. So, more the stuff, more will be the cost of these materials charged.
- Additional services: Services like packing, unpacking, disassembling and reassembling furniture, moving supplies like felt pads and mattress bags will increase the amount of the moving cost if availed.
- Date of relocation: Picking a date during the peak season or weekend tends to increase the moving cost. Or, even the last-minute bookings with the packers and movers can affect this cost considerably.
- Insurance: Many moving companies offer insurance coverage services on the belongings of the customers to avoid any risk in the transit. Availing such services raises the cost of moving.
- Manpower: The more people employed in the moving process, the higher will be the moving cost. This factor depends on the size of the move.
- Taxes: Charges like GST and Octrai will be applicable on the cost of the moving services which will increase the moving cost.
- Storage: Sometimes, people have to get their stuffs stored with the moving companies due to some reasons. The facility of storage offered by the moving companies will be chargeable and increase of the moving process.
Frequently Asked Questions - Packers and Movers Cost Estimates
1. What is the average moving cost in India?
Domestic Shifting: The standard rates for moving costs of moving companies start from Rs. 18000 and may go up to Rs. 60000 depending on the volume of household items.
Office shifting: The standard rates of moving companies for office relocation start from Rs. 15000 and may go up to Rs. 60000.
2. What is the cost of a local shifting in a city?
For local shifting, Thepackersmovers.com usually charge around Rs. 2500 to Rs. 3500 as the transportation cost and includes Rs 2,000 to Rs 5,000 as handling, packing, loading & unloading charges. Therefore, the total cost of shifting can be somewhere around Rs 6,000 to Rs 25,000.
3. How much do packers and movers charge for intercity relocation?
The cost of intercity relocation depends on the distance to b e travelled from one location to another. The average packers and movers charge Rs 18,000 to Rs 60,000 for intercity shifting.
4. How to calculate moving costs?
Long distance or interstate shifting:
There are certain factors which determine the moving cost and helps in its calculation –
- Labour charges or manpower
- Weight of the household items
- Distance between the two destinations
The moving companies usually charge on the basis of per hour in case of local move. The factors which determines this rate are –
- Assembling furniture
- Labour charges
- Add-on services like dissembling furniture in the new home
In some cases, moving companies also offer a flat rate to customers. This rate depends on the number of hours taken in shifting multiplied by the rate per hour.
5. What factors should a person consider before hiring a moving company?
There are a number of things which people must consider before picking a moving company for their relocation.
- Budget: The services of moving companies are pricey, so think of your budget before you hire one.
- Amount of household stuff to be moved: If you have less stuff at home, go for the DIY move.
- Time availability: If you are in a rush to relocate, then hiring a moving company will definitely save your time and energy.
- Move size: Larger the size of the move, higher will be the cost of the relocation.
6. Are moving costs for a job tax-deductible?
According to the section 10 (14) of the Income-Tax Act, 1961, and under the rule 2BB of the Income-Tax Rules, 1962, any allowance granted by the employer to meet the cost of travel on transfer (including packing and transportation of personal effect) or the ordinary daily charges incurred during the period of journey in connection with transfer can be claimed as exempt from tax.
If any employee wants to claim exemption while relocating to a new place, the person should maintain all the necessary documents like proof of payments or any other agreement signed with the employer on claims and payments incurred on transfer.
7. Can moving costs be deducted?
The moving costs incurred by a person are deductable under Income Tax. When a person donates his personal belongings in charity before or after the relocation, he can claim tax deduction on the donations. To claim this, it is necessary to maintain all the documents of the possessions.
People can also claim a tax deduction on relocation expenses relating to moving for work.
8. How can we cut down on moving costs?
Follow these amazing ways to reduce the cost of moving –
- Pack your items on your own and save on packing materials cost.
- De-clutter unused items
- Get cardboard boxes for storage from known grocery stores and shops.
- Donate old things like furniture, books, or toys.
- Switch to newspaper packing rather than expensive bubble wraps
- Call family and friends for help
- Pick a date in off-season or book your moving in advance.
- Go for the cheap and best movers and packers
9. Why people should go for moving cost calculator from Thepackersmovers.com?
Helping you plan a budget-friendly and efficient move is what our moving cost calculator aims at. What will be the estimated cost of your move based on the shifting need will be provided by this trustworthy user-friendly online tool. Using this calculator, people can take the decision of whether to go for a hiring company or not. To simplify the relocation task and reduce the stress of relocation, Thepackersmovers.com strives to provide the best quality moving companies that are just within your budget and offer top-notch relocation services.
10. What are the components of the moving costs in term of services of moving companies?
The moving cost comprises -
- Distance of relocation (local, long-distance, interstate or nationwide)
- Type of relocation
- Packing and supplies services
- Loading and transportation of belongings
- Unloading and unpacking of belongings
- Storage services