OMG!! Fraud Packers and Movers Do Exist!! Beware…….
It’s evident that people can easily get trapped with a fraud packers and movers company and that is because there is not much of the awareness about it….
Here are a few of the points that need to be taken care of while looking for a reliable packers and movers company
1. A too low packers and movers charges need to be scrutinized
2. Superfluously Attractive Website
3. May have Fraud Documents
4. False Association with Popular Brands
5. Fraud packers and movers company would generally accept Payment only in Cash
6. Logo of the Company is often missing
7. There might not be a proper office of a Fraud packers and movers company
8. The company will not be having an authentic registration
9. Lucrative offers and fake promises
10. May be having fake Classified listing
The online directory of reputed and experience packing companies, Thepackersmovers.com is striving everyday to look into the cardinal issues of the customers who are taking the help of home relocation or corporate relocation companies.
Now we will talk how you can be vigilant of the fraud packers and companies!!
It’s been rightly said that, “Prevention is always better tool than cure”. So prevent yourself from getting stranded in the fake promises of a fraud moving company with the following tips…….
1. PAYMENT SHOULD NEVER BE DONE UPFRONT!
Hire a moving company only if it accepts the payments after the delivery of goods at your new home or office. And on top of that, never ever do the entire payment before delivery. Even if the company is asking for half of the payment before delivery, it could be a fake packers and movers company.
2. LOOK THROUGH THE PAST CUSTOMER REVIEWS
You can actually establish the authenticity and the save yourself from getting cheated by a fraud packers and movers company by verifying the same with the past customers of the company. It goes as a thumb rule to get quotes from at least three packers and movers company in addition to the customers reviews.
3. PAYING FOR WAREHOUSING SHOULD NOT BE DONE
Never pay extra for storing your goods; sometimes the moving companies store the movable goods in their warehouse until their Van is ready to load the goods. But that is not your part of responsibility. So, you should not really pay for it!!
4. DON’T GET LURED BY LOW PACKERS AND MOVERS CHARGES
It is often a misconception that if packers and movers charges are less then you are going to be in great profit. There are fraud packers and movers companies that lure customers with insanely low packers and movers charges. Avoid them!!
5. BE AWARE OF YOUR RIGHTS AS A CUSTOMER
Consumer courts have special facilities to help people duped by fraud packers and movers companies. You must keep a copy of rights and responsibilities that the moving companies have to fulfil to its customers. Read them all before and keep with yourself a copy of the consumer court brochure.
6. VISIT THE PHYSICAL OFFICE OF THE COMPANY BEFORE HIRING
Never ever hire a company that only has online presence and that does not have a physical office. Before finalising everything never ever miss to visit the physical office of the company on your own. Always hire the one which has at least seven years of experience.
7. ASK FOR THE REGISTRATION DETAILS OF THE COMPANY
Check in advance if the company has been registered or not, that will ensure you about the existence of the company in the market and for how long it has been in business. Ask the officials to so the registration details!!
8. CHECK BEFORE HIRING, IF ALL THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT NUMBERS ARE WORKING
Before you find yourself agitated dialling the customer support number and not getting any response, try to check before finalising the deal if the customer support numbers are working or not.
9. CROSS CHECK THE BACKGROUND OF THE HEAD OFFICIAL AND POSSESS THEIR PERSONAL CONTACT DETAILS
You should never forget to cross check with the background and the working details of the owner of the packing company. That ensures the authenticity of the company! Also, ask for the personal contact details of the owners and cross check those details.
10. KEEP WITH YOURSELF, COPY OF THE DRIVING LICENCE AND THE ENTIRE VEHICLE RELATED DOCUMENTS LIKE REGISTRATION NUMBER AND TRANSPORT PERMIT.
Before the loaded vehicle is ready to move for the destination, make sure to verify the documents relate to the vehicle. You must not forget to check the driving licence of the driver and other details of the vehicle like transport permit and registration number.
11. BE PRESENT WHEN LOADING AND UNLOADING IS BEING DONE BY THE MOVING COMPANY.
Never be over confident about the company! Often a fraud moving company tries to win your trust by trying to be too good. But never ever be too reluctant!! Plan everything in such a way that, one or the other member of the family is present when loading and unloading is being carried out.
12. ASK FOR PROPER INSURANCE DETAILS OF YOUR GOODS
Get the insurance of your goods done in advance and never forget to keep the insurance document ready with yourself before the process of moving gets started with. Insurance is an important part of hiring a professional moving company and it should never be ignored.
13. ALWAYS CHECK FOR THE WEATHER CONDITION BEFORE DECIDING THE MOVING DATE
Before finalising the moving date, have cognisance of the weather predictions of the metrological department. In that way you will be able to prevent the company from playing any games by blaming the weather conditions.
14. TAKE PROPER RECEIPT OF PAYMENT FROM THE PACKERS AND MOVERS COMPANY ALONG WITH THE SERVICE TAX.
It is very important that you take the receipt of payment along with the service tax. That will keep you safe and you will have with yourself, the proof of payment.
And, there are oodles of other things that you need to take care, if you really want to protect yourself from fraud packers and movers companies. There are online directories like Thepackersmovers.com where you can follow few steps in a transparent manner to choose from a list of reliable packers and movers companies.
It’s not a myth, but fraud packers and movers companies are there in the market and they can land you into a perennial flood of troubles, at the stroke of the time, you need to be cognisant about it!!