Griha Pravesh Muhurat 2023: Auspicious Dates and Timings to Move Into A New Home
Updated On: 13, January 2023
Are you likely to move into your new house in 2023?
Are you also planning a Griha Pravesh Puja ceremony 2023? If you agree, then you should know how important it is to perform this religious ritual within the auspicious time to ensure good fortune and happiness resides in your new house.
Griha Pravesh, also called as Gruhapravesh or housewarming ceremony, is a significant part of Indian customs and traditions as it keeps the sanctity of a new home intact. As people have their emotions attached to their houses, they want to make sure that no evil eyes or bad energies spoil their happy family life. So, they never forget to perform the Griha pravesh ceremony before they step into their new abode.
Here, we have brought detailed information about this religious act of worship that includes all the 2023 Griha Pravesh auspicious dates and timings for your kind consideration. You can also find the procedures, the list of essential items, the do’s and don’ts, and some of the most asked questions to plan the best ever Griha Pravesh ceremony for you.
What is Griha Pravesh?
Griha Pravesh is a religious ritual in the Hindu religion that is performed on the day of moving into a new home to purify it from negative energies. This ceremony sanctifies your new abode and blesses it with divine blessings. This Puja is normally performed during the construction or while entering your new home.
There are three types of Griha Pravesh performed by the people:
- Apoorva: It is carried out while you enter your new house.
- Sapoorva: It is performed when a person returns from overseas and enters his or her home after a long time.
- Dwandwah: This Griha Pravesh is mainly performed in a reconstructed or renovated house that was damaged or destroyed from natural calamities such as earthquake, fire, or flood.
Griha Pravesh Tips for New Home
- It is always suggested to perform Griha Pravesh during a shubh muhurat.
- The idols of Gods and Goddesses should face east of the new house.
- It is important that the house is properly cleaned before Griha Pravesh Puja.
- Wipe the floor with salt and water to purify the new house. You can also mop the floors with a liquid made with lime juice, white vinegar, and salt in water.
- Never wear black clothes on a Puja day.
- Put your right foot first into your new house as it is deemed auspicious.
- Decorate the main door with toran, flowers and mango leaves as it signifies Vastu Purush. Put a Swastika or Om symbol on both the sides of the main door.
- Make rangoli on the floors made with rice flour and dry rangoli colors as it brings the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi into your new house.
- Perform a Havan ceremony to purify your home.
- Ensure that you give housewarming return gifts to your loved ones and neighbours once this puja is over.
- Break a coconut at the entrance before entering the house.
- The Griha Pravesh ceremony is inclusive of a Ganesh puja, hawan, Navagraha Shanti and Vastu puja.
- Never perform Griha Pravesh Puja in a closed room with any ventilation.
- Bring in your furniture after this Puja is completed.
- The blowing of the conch should be done in rhythm.
- Immediately move into your new house within three days of the Griha pravesh.
- If there is a pregnant woman in your house or someone really sick, then avoid performing this Puja.
- Never keep your new house locked for a night after this Puja is done. You can light a lamp to attract divine positive energies.
- Keep a kalash filled with milk or water in your new house and offer it to someone deprived or needy.
- Offer a good feast to the priests once this religious ceremony is over.
- Stay at your new home on the day of Griha Pravesh.
- Boil the milk in the kitchen of your new home to attract good luck.
- Never keep your new house empty for the next forty days after the griha pravesh ceremony is completed.
Things To Do Before Griha Pravesh PujaThere are certain things that should be taken care of before you plan a Griha Pravesh Puja ceremony.
Choose a shubh muhurat:
Griha Pravesh holds immense significance as it’s about your new home. So, make sure that you perform this ceremony on an auspicious date and during an auspicious time to ensure everything goes well in your new home.
Finish the construction work:
Make sure that you move into your new home only after the construction work is completed. As Griha Pravesh is all about marking a new beginning in your life in your new house, so ensure that all kinds of construction work, painting, wood work, fittings, etc. are completed.
Build or buy a Vastu compliant house:
Following vastu tips for your new home will ensure that your life in this new place is filled with happiness, success, good health, good luck, and prosperity.
Things to do on housewarming day
1. Decorate the main door:
The main door holds great significance for any homeowner as this is the place from all kinds of energies in your new house will enter. So, decorating it with flowers, toran made from marigold flowers and mango leaves will bring in positive vibes. You can also put Goddess Lakshami’s feet on the main door and a Swastika symbol on both its sides to bring good luck.
2. Clean the new house:
Firstly, buy a broom for your new house as it signifies new beginnings. Clean the new house properly with a new broom and mop the floors with salt water. This will welcome happiness and positivity in your new home.
3. Purification of your new home:
Pour some Gangajal in a kalash with mango leaves dipped in it. Sprinkle it with these leaves in every part of your home to purify and cleanse it from all kinds of unwanted energies.
Rangoli is believed to welcome prosperity and wealth in homes as it brings the blessings of Goddess Lakshmi. Make a rangoli near the entrance before the Griha Pravesh puja begins.
5. Decorate of the entire house:
The best way to decorate your new home is with fresh flowers. You can make garlands, wall hanging chandeliers, and centerpieces for your housewarming ceremony. Marigold flowers are the most common choices of people.
6. Brighten up your house:
There should not be any dark corners in your new house. Keep the main entrance well lit on the day of Griha Pravesh. Decorate your new house with string lights, lamps, etc. Light some earthen lamps on the entrance as they will welcome positivity and good luck to your new home.
7. Menu for Griha Pravesh Puja:
As this puja day is also to celebrate your new home, therefore, you should plan it in a good way to make it more cheerful and welcoming for your guests. Arrange a delicious vegetarian menu for the guests on Griha Pravesh. Prepare kheer or halwa for Prasad and other items for your housewarming lunch or dinner.
8. Comfortable seating arrangements for guests:
As religious ceremonies require people sitting on the floor, therefore, you should make proper arrangements for the same. Spread mattresses or carpets on the floor and arrange chairs for the aged people who cannot sit on the floor.
गृह प्रवेश मुहूर्त 2023: Puja Samagri
|Brass kalash||Dry mango woods||Desi ghee||Betel leaves|
|Incense burner||Coconut||Turmeric||Tulsi leaves|
|Large earthen diya||Hawan samagri||Barley||Whole rice|
|Chauki||Ganga Jal||Black sesame seeds||Honey|
|Yellow cloth||Green cardamom||Camphor||Jaggery|
|Red cloth||Cloves||Incense stick||Panch Meva (5 types of dry fruits)|
|Cotton||Supari||Flowers and flower garlands||Five types of sweets|
|Kumkum||Mauli||Dhup batti||5 types of seasonal fruits|
|Janeu||Milk (not boiled)||Yogurt||Mango leaves|
Griha Pravesh Puja 2023: A Step-by-Step Guide
Here is a step-by-step guide to perform a Griha Pravesh puja at your new home to avoid any hurdles and negativities.
Break a coconut at the entrance and leave it on the threshold to remove obstacles. Also break an ash gourd and leave it at the entrance.
It’s time for the Kalash Puja. Fill the kalash with water and put a coin and nine kinds of grains in it. Now, wrap a red cloth on a coconut and place it on the Kalash with mango leaves on the sides.
Place this kalash at the place of the havan.
A havan ceremony is conducted by the priest while he chants mantras and slokas to purify the home owners’ souls from three major sins: digging of the earth, cutting down of trees, and breaking of stones. The members of the family have to sit together around the Havan Kund and the priest will recite mantras. This ritual will purify your home, bless you for new beginnings, and eliminate negativities.
It’s time to brighten up your new house with oil lamps to welcome divine blessings and spiritual energies.
Some people also perform Satyanarayan Puja or Ganpati Puja on the Griha Pravesh day. Both these Pujas will bring good health, success, good fortune, and happiness to your new home.
Griha Pravesh Muhurat Dates and Timings 2023
|January (Magha)||25 January||Wednesday||08:05 pm (25 January) to 07:12 am (Next day)||Uttara Bhadrapada||Panchami|
|27 January||Friday||09:10 am to 06:37 pm||Revati||Saptami|
|30 January||Monday||10:15 pm to 07:10 am (Next day)||Rohini||Dashami|
|February (Phalguna)||1 February||Wednesday||07:10 am to 02:01 pm||Mrigashirsha||Ekadashi|
|8 February||Wednesday||08:15 pm to 06:23 am (Next day)||Uttara Phalguni||Tritiya|
|10 February||Friday||12:18 am to 07:03 pm (Next day)||Chitra||Panchami|
|22 February||Wednesday||06:54 am to 03:24 am (Next day)||Uttara Bhadrapada||Tritiya|
|March (Chaitra)||8 March||Wednesday||06:39 am to 04:20 am (Next day)||Uttara Phalguni||Pratipada, Dwitiya|
|10 March||Friday||06:37 am to 09:42 pm||Chitra||Tritiya|
|13 March||Monday||09:27 pm to 06:33 am (Next day)||Anuradha||Saptami|
|17 March||Friday||06:29 am to 02:46 am (Next day)||Uttara Ashadha||Dashami, Ekadashi|
|April (Baisakha)||NO GRIHA PRAVESH PUJA DATES AVAILABLE|
|May (Baisakha/Jyestha)||6 May||Saturday||09:13 pm to 05:36 am (Next day)||Anuradha||Dwitiya|
|15th May||Monday||09:08 am to 01:03 am (Next day)||Uttara Bhadrapada||Ekadashi|
|20 May||Monday||09:30 pm to 05:27 am (Next day)||Rohini||Dwitiya|
|22 May||Monday||05:27 am to 10:37 am||Mrigashirsha||Tritiya|
|29 May||Monday||11:49 am to 04:29 am (Next day)||Uttara Phalguni||Dashami|
|31 May||Wednesday||06:00 am to 01:45 pm||Chitra||Ekadashi|
|June (Ashadha)||12 June||Monday||10:34 am – 05:23 am (Next day)||Uttara Bhadrapada and Revati||Dashami|
|November (Kartik/Margasirsa)||17 November||Friday||01:17 am – 06:46 am (Next day)||Uttara Ashadha||Panchami|
|22 November||Wednesday||06:37 pm – 06:50 am (Next day)||Uttara Bhadrapada||Dashami, Ekadashi|
|23 November||Thursday||06:50 am – 09:01 pm||Uttara Bhadrapada and Revati||Ekadashi|
|27 November||Monday||02:45 pm – 06;54 am||Rohini||Pratipada|
|29 November||Wednesday||06:54 am to 01:59 pm||Mrigashirsha||Dwitiya|
|December (Margasirsa/Paus)||8 December||Friday||08:54 am – 06:31 am (Next day)||Chitra||Ekadashi|
|15 December||Friday||08:10 am – 10:30 pm||Uttara Ashadha||Tritiya|
|21 December||Thursday||09:37 am – 10:09 pm||Revati||Dashami|
Graha Pravesh Puja – The Do’s
- Always perform this puja on an auspicious date.
- Make sure to clean the new house with water in a proper manner.
- Clean the furniture with a cloth.
- You can break a pumpkin to eliminate evil eyes.
- You can bring a cow and a calf into your home to remove vastu dosha.
- The photos and idols of the Gods should be located in the North East direction.
- Always keep Satyanarayana God’s photo for Griha Pravesh puja.
Graha Pravesh Puja – The Don’ts
- Never perform Griha Pravesh puja during Yamaganda Kala.
- Keep the furniture as per vastu Shastra.
- Never enter your new house with your left feet first.
- Do not enter the house without an idol of God in your hand.
- Never leave your new home empty after the Gruhapravesh puja is performed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on गृह प्रवेश मुहूर्त 2023
Q. What is the Griha Pravesh Muhurat in January 2023?
- 25 January, Wednesday from 08:05 pm (25 January) to 07:12 am (Next day)
- 27 January, Friday from 09:10 am to 06:37 pm
- 30 January, Monday from 10:15 pm to 07:10 am (Next day)
Q. What is the best Griha Pravesh muhurat in February 2023?
- February 01, Wednesday from 07:10 am to 02:01 pm
- February 8, Wednesday from 08:15 pm to 06:23 am (Next day)
- February 10, Friday from 12:18 am to 07:03 pm (Next day)
- February 22, Wednesday from 06:54 am to 03:24 am (Next day)
Q. What are the good dates for Griha Pravesh in March 2023?
- March 8, Wednesday from 06:39 am to 04:20 am (Next day)
- March 10, Friday from 06:37 am to 09:42 pm
- March 13, Monday from 09:27 pm to 06:33 am (Next day)
- March 17, Friday from 06:29 am to 02:46 am (Next day)
Q. What is the best time for Griha Pravesh in April 2023?
Q. What is the Griha Pravesh Muhurat in May 2023?
- May 06, Saturday from 09:13 pm to 05:36 am (Next day)
- May 15, Monday from 09:08 am to 01:03 am (Next day)
- May 20, Monday from 09:30 pm to 05:27 am (Next day)
- May 22, Monday from 05:27 am to 10:37 am
- May 29, Monday from 11:49 am to 04:29 am (Next day)
- May 31, Wednesday from 06:00 am to 01:45 pm
Q. What are the auspicious dates for Griha Pravesh in June 2023?
- June 12, Monday from 10:34 am – 05:23 am (Next day)
Q. What are the Griha Pravesh Muhurat dates in July 2023?
Q. What are the good dates for housewarming in August 2023?
Q. What dates are auspicious for Griha Pravesh in September 2023?
Q. What are the best Griha Pravesh muhurat in October 2023?
Q. What is the Griha Pravesh shubh muhurat in November 2023?
- November 17, Friday from 01:17 am – 06:46 am (Next day)
- November 22, Wednesday from 06:37 pm – 06:50 am (Next day)
- November 23, Thursday from 06:50 am – 09:01 pm
- November 27, Monday from 02:45 pm – 06;54 am
- November 29, Wednesday from 06:54 am to 01:59 pm
Q. What are the best dates and timings for Griha Pravesh in December 2023?
- December 08, Friday from 08:54 am – 06:31 am (Next day)
- December 15, Friday from 08:10 am – 10:30 pm
- December 23, Thursday from 09:37 am – 10:09 pm