In India, religion and culture hold tremendous importance in the lives of its people. Whether it is about starting a new business or career, warding off a prolonged illness, or the commencement of a family function, Hindus have a strong belief that conducting a Shri Satyanarayan Puja can bring expected positive benefits to them. Even some people perform this Puja alongside Griha Pravesh Puja when they are moving into a new home. Satyanarayan Katha Puja brings positive results to those who perform it in an organized manner within the shubh muhurat.
Significance of Satyanarayan Puja
Satyanarayana is the Lord of the Truth who abides everybody and in everything. The Satyanarayan Puja observes the worship of Lord Vishnu to overcome hurdles and problems in lives caused by the deeds of the last birth and other factors. Devotees offer their prayers to Lord Satyanarayana to seek His blessings by remaining truthful to themselves and others. The Puja is primarily performed to attain the divine blessings of Satyanarayana for good health, prosperity, abundance, opulence, wealth, relief from sickness, and education.
Written in the Skanda Puraṇa, the Satyanarayan Katha narrates the story of a Brahmin who was approached by Lord Vishnu in disguise to advise him to observe the Satyanarayan Vrat Puja. When this ritual was performed by the Brahmin, he attained eternal bliss and divine consciousness.
After performing this Puja, the devotees not just seek the blessings of Lord Vishnu, but also achieve other significant manifestations in life. There is also a belief that people who diligently conduct this Puja in their homes on a continuous basis will be carried to the abode of Lord Vishnu, i.e. Vaikunth after their deaths.
There are several other occasions or situations at which Satyanarayan Puja is performed such as:
- Housewarming ceremony or Griha Pravesh Puja
- Marriage functions
- Success in business
- Namakaran ceremony
- Beginning of new ventures
- Relief from prolonged sickness
The holy ritual of Satyanarayan Vrat Puja is carried out in different states of India such as Maharashtra, Bengal, Gujarat, Karnataka, Telangana, and Andhra Pradesh. This Puja should be performed on a full moon day or Purnima of every month on the tithis of Ekadashi, Vaisakha Purnima, Kartika Purnima, Sankranti, and solar eclipse and avoided during Asadha Chandra Masa. The best time to perform this Puja is evening, but people can also conduct it in the morning.
Shri Satyanarayana Puja Muhurat in 2022
Satyanarayana Vrat Puja is considered auspicious and is believed to bring happiness, prosperity, good fortune, and positivity in homes when performed during the shubh muhurat. So, here we bring a list of the best dates to perform Satyanarayan Puja in 2022.
Satyanarayana Puja Dates in January 2022
|Date||Monday, 17th January 2022|
|Timings||03:18 AM – 05:17 AM on 28th January|
Shubh Muhurat Dates for Satyanarayana Puja in February 2022
|Date||Wednesday, 16th February 2022|
|Timings||09:42 PM, 15th February– 10:25 PM, on 16th February|
Auspicious Dates for Sri Satyanarayana Puja in March 2022
|Date||Thursday, 17th March 2022|
|Timings||01:29 PM, 17th March – 12:47 PM, on 18th March|
Best Dates for Satyanarayana Puja in April 2022
|Date||Saturday, 16th April 2022|
|Timings||02:25 AM, 16th April – 12:24 AM, on 17th April|
Good Dates for Sri Satyanarayana Katha in May 2022
|Date||Sunday, 15th May 2022|
|Timings||12:45 PM, 15th May – 09:43 AM, on 16th May|
Auspicious Satyanarayana Puja Dates in June 2022
|Date||Tuesday, 14th June 2022|
|Timings||09:02 PM, 13th June – 05:21 PM, on 14th June|
Satyanarayan Puja Dates in July 2022
|Date||Wednesday, 13th July 2022|
|Timings||04:00 AM – 12:06 AM, on 14th July|
Satyanarayan Puja Muhurat in August 2022
|Date||Thursday, 11th August 2022|
|Timings||10:38 AM – 07:05 AM, on 12th August|
Satyanarayan Dates in September 2022
|Date||Saturday, 10th September 2022|
|Timings||06:07 PM, on 09th September – 03:28 PM, on 10th September|
Satyanarayan Puja Dates 2022 in October
|Date||Sunday, 9th October 2022|
|Timings||03:41 AM – 02:24 AM, on 10th October|
Satyanarayan Puja Muhurat in November 2022
|Date||Tuesday, 8th November 2022|
|Timings||04:15 PM, on 7th November – 04:31 PM, on 8th November|
Satyanarayan Vrat Puja Dates in December 2022
|Date||Wednesday, 7th December 2022|
|Timings||08:01 AM – 09:37 AM, on 8th December|
Shri Satyanarayan Puja Vidhi
The Puja vidhi of Shri Satyanarayan Puja is a religious procedure and therefore, it must be carried out in the best possible manner.
- After you have decided to keep a Satyanarayana Puja at home, it is time to invite your loved ones. Disconnect yourself from worldly pleasures.
- Take a proper bath from head to toe early in the morning and wear clean clothes for the Puja.
- Keep a fast if possible.
- Keep all the Puja samagri ready near the altar where the Puja will be performed.
- Clean the area near the altar with cow dung if possible.
- Decorate the main entrance of your house with auspicious mango leaves.
- The right location of the altar is East-West direction and the devotee should face east during the Puja.
- Decorate the altar with floral designs using rice flour and rangoli colors.
- Spread a white cloth with rice on the altar.
- Kalash Sthapna – Place a silver, brass, earthen , or copper Kalash at the middle of the altar. Add a rupee coin, betel nut, and wheat, and then fill it with holy water. Place coconut on the top wrapped in a cloth. Put 5 Ashok or Mango leaves surrounding the coconut. Tie a red thread or mauli at the neck of the pot in three rounds. Make a Swastika symbol on the pot for positive vibes.
- Keep a framed image of Lord Satyanarayana on the altar.
- Decorate the picture with floral garlands.
Satyanarayan Puja Samagri List:
Just like any other Puja, there is also a samagri list for Satya Narayan Katha or Puja without which this ritual is impossible.
- A photo framed picture of Lord Satyanarayana
- Haldi powder
- Sandal paste
- Navadhanya ( nine types of grains each symbolizing nine planets)
- Incense sticks
- Betel leaves
- Tulsi leaves
- Betel nuts
- Floral garlands
- A bell
- Large pidha for altar
- A large piece of yellow cloth for the altar
- A piece of red cloth for the Kalash
- A ghee lamp with three wicks
- Cotton wicks
- An oil lamp
- Panchamrit (Uncooked mixture of milk, sugar, honey, yogurt, and ghee)
- Conch shell
- Banana tree leaves
- White sesame seeds
- Take a bath before sunrise.
- Wear unstitched clothes on the day of Satyanarayana Puja.
- Purify the chowki or altar with holy water.
- Spread a yellow or red cloth on the altar and put the picture of Lord Ganesha and Satyanarayana on it.
- Place the leaves of the banana tree on both the sides of the altar.
- Establish Navagrahas.
- Sprinkle Panchamrita on the picture of Satyanarayana.
- Begin your Puja by worshipping Lord Ganesha.
- Put yellow flower garland to Lord Satyanarayan.
- Make offerings of five dry fruits, five fruits, yellow cloth, naivedya, and Tulsi dal to Lord Satyanarayan.
- Lit the ghee lamp and begin the story or Katha of Lord Satyanarayan.
- Once the katha is complete, begin aarti.
- Offer yellow sweets to Lord Satyanarayan.
- Perform the Havana.
- Put Gogul, rice, and havan samagri in the havan by chanting Gayatri Mantra.
- After the Havana is over, feed eleven Brahmins and offer them clothes, a black blanket, gold, sesame seeds, and money (Dakshina). You can also feed one Brahmin or Pandit and give Dakshina to him.
- Feed the cow.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – 2022 Shri Satyanarayan Puja and Katha Dates
Q. Why is Satyanarayan Puja performed?
Shri Satyanarayan Puja is to seek the blessings of the Lord Satyanarayan who is the form of Lord Vishnu. There is a belief that the Satyanarayan Vrat Puja eliminates troubles and bring joy and success to the devotees.
Q. What is the best time to perform Satyanarayan Puja?
The evening is the best time to perform Satyanarayan Puja.
Q. When is Satyanarayan Puja done?
The ritual is performed on a full moon or Purnima day to seek the blessings of the Lord Satyanarayan. It can also be done on Ekadashi or Amavasya.
Q. What are the benefits of Satyanarayan Puja?
Some of the major benefits of performing a Satyanarayan Puja are –
- Elimination of hurdles
- Attaining peace and harmony
- Welcome abundance
- Happiness in life
- Warding off negativity
- Attain true knowledge and wisdom
- Avoid unexpected death in the family
Q. Which are the states where Satyanarayan Puja holds great importance?
Satyanarayan Puja is popular in the states of Gujarat, Bengal, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra. In Maharashtra, Satyanarayan Puja is prominent in the Chitpavan community. It is believed that this Puja initially originated in the state of Bengal as Satya Pir and was performed by the Bengali people before moving into a new house. In Andhra Pradesh, there is a Sri Satyanarayana Swamy Temple at Annavaram where this Puja is performed on a daily basis.
Q. What is the good date for Satyanarayana Puja in January 2022?
The good date for Satyanarayana Puja in January 2022 is 17th January..
Q. What is the best date for Satyanarayana Katha in February 2022?
16th February is the best date for Satyanarayana Katha in February 2022.
Q. What is the auspicious day for Sri Satyanarayana Puja in March 2022?
The auspicious day for Sri Satyanarayana Puja in March is 17th March 2022.
Q. Which date is the best for Satyanarayana Puja in April 2022?
April 16 is the best date for Satyanarayana Puja in April 2022.
Q. What is the best date for Sri Satyanarayana Puja and katha in May 2022?
The best date for Sri Satyanarayana Puja and katha in May 2022 is 15th May.
Q. What is the good day for Satyanarayana Puja in June 2022
14th June is the good day for Satyanarayana Puja in June 2022.
Q. What is the auspicious day for Satyanarayana Vrat Katha in July 2022?
July 13th is the auspicious day for Satyanarayana Vrat Katha in July 2022.
Q. Which day is the best for Sri Satyanarayana Katha in August 2022?
The best day for Sri Satyanarayana Katha in 2022 is 11th August.
Q. What is the best day for Sri Satyanarayana vrat Katha in September 2022?
10th is the best day for Sri Satyanarayana vrat Katha in September 2022.
Q. Which is the good day for Satnarayana Puja in October 2022?
The good day for Satnarayana Puja in October 2022 is 9th October.
Q. When is the best time for Satnarayana Vrat Katha in November 2022?
The best time for Satnarayana Vrat Katha in November 2022 is 8th November.
Q. What is the shubh muhurat date for Satyanarayana Puja in December 2022?
December 7th is the shubh muhurat date for Satyanarayana Puja in December 2022.
Latest posts by Sakshi Ecavade (see all)