How to get better sleep in your bedroom?
Whether we spend most of our time in our bedroom or not, it is the space we carve the most when tired. A student, a working person, or a homemaker, everyone loves to retreat in their bedrooms after a tiring day. Hence, our bedrooms should be perfect according to our needs and must be designed to give us sound sleep.
Why do you have to think of a mindful space design for your bedroom to get sound sleep? Because creating a peaceful sleep space is essential for your overall well-being. It can significantly impact the quality of your sleep.
So, what needs to be done to get a better sleep quality? Should you aesthetically decorate your bedroom walls, or it needs to do something more than that? Below are some ideas on how to uplift your bedroom and turn it into a mindful space design that helps you sleep better.
Tips for creating a relaxing bedroom space:
1. Remove every ounce of clutter from your bedroom: A cluttered bedroom can create a sense of chaos for the mind. It can easily hinder relaxation and become an obstacle to sound sleep.
That’s because, deep down, a clear room gives us the feeling of a clean space for ourselves which means we are free from all unwanted things. And so, when our brain stimulates that feeling, it feels healthier, happier, and calm. This further helps in having a sound sleep.
2. Add soft and dim lighting effects in your bedroom: Creating a cozy atmosphere by incorporating soft lighting in your bedroom is an excellent idea to make it more comfortable and welcoming.
Having bright lights is essential, but keeping them on all the time can sometimes make us irritable. And mood swings can cause a problem with sleeping, especially when tired. Create a soothing ambiance that encourages relaxation by adding warm-toned bulbs and bedside lamps in your bedroom.
3. Place scented candles and aromatherapy diffusers at multiple corners: A room that smells amazing gives us an instant feeling of never leaving it. And scented candles do a fantastic job. Harness the power of aromatherapy to enhance relaxation in your bedroom.
Learn about essential oils and scented candles that promote calmness and deep sleep.
4. Add natural elements and greenery: It is believed that there are plants that help us sleep better. Of course, not all plants can be kept in the bedroom, but some, like lady palm, peace lily, spider plant, etc., are good for the bedroom.
Keeping them on the window will help increase the room’s oxygen levels and stimulate good physical and mental health. Add natural elements like flowers and plants in your bedroom and evoke a sense of serenity for better quality sleep.
5. Choose pleasant colors for bedroom walls: Colours play an essential role in setting the mood right in your bedroom. They also profoundly impact our emotions, as dark colors make us feel unnecessarily angry sometimes, while pleasant colors help us uplift our bad moods.
If you suffer from sleeplessness and have dark-colored bedroom walls, change the colors of your bedroom walls and go for light tones. Colors as light as possible for a bedroom help change the mood and have a good night’s sleep. You can take inspiration from indoor plants and home decoration ideas to create greenery in your bedroom.
6. Create a Zen corner inside your bedroom: Zen is a Japanese word for meditation, and people suffering from sleep loss must have a Zen space in their bedrooms. The reason to have a Zen corner inside the bedroom is it is one of the most secluded areas of the home.
One can easily sit and meditate for some time in that corner. To create a Zen corner, choose an area of your bedroom with no cupboards or doors, as anyone should not interrupt your meditation. Put a mat in the center of that corner and keep the rest of the area as minimalist as possible.
Create a tranquil space for relaxation and mindfulness, and spend as much time in that space as possible. It will provide you with inner happiness and mood upliftment that will not just help you have a sound sleep but also help you do the rest of your daily chores actively.
7. Start using soundscape and white noise: If you think the noise inside your head is making too much noise, you need to change the music. For that, adding soundscapes and white noise in your bedroom will work.
Having a soundscape inside your bedroom releases muscle tension, calming a person’s heart rate and breathing rate. People with hypertension are highly advised to have it in their bedroom for better sleep. You can also turn it on while meditating in your Zen corner to concentrate better.
8. Incorporate comfortable bedding and pillows: sometimes, we stress too much about our sleep and think we have got insomnia, but actually, the mattress or pillow is causing us sleeplessness. That is why investing in high-quality and comfortable mattresses and pillows is essential for a comfortable sleep space.
If you also want extra comfort, add more than 2 pillows (the usual quantity of pillows in the bedroom) so that your quick naps can be more comfortable and you can have extra sleep to rest your racing thoughts. Also, remember to change your pillows after some time, as sleeping on too old pillows can affect your sleep negatively as multiple germs and bacteria get collected inside them.
9. Give personal touches to your space: we always have desires and ideas for our personal space. Everyone usually knows how they want their personal space or bedroom to look. Add those missing personal touches and sentimental items to your bedroom that you always wanted so that it can reflect your thoughts.
Doing so will create a sense of comfort and familiarity in your bedroom that will help you relax and distress quickly. Remember not to overwhelm the peaceful aura of your room. Add some meaningful decor you like, and you are good to go.
10. Make your bedroom an electronics-free zone: experts have suggested for years not to look at screens before going to bed, as reducing screen time is one of the best ways to have a mindful space design for the mind. In a world of growing technology, having some time off the screens is also suggested to give our senses some rest.
Practicing this is so important for medical reasons. Therefore, consider making your bedroom an electronics-free zone to create a truly relaxing bedroom retreat. Practice digital detox before bedtime and give your mind some rest to have a quality sleep at night. Try this out and see the benefits.
Dos and don’ts to get a Mindful space design of your bedroom
- A mindful space means a space where your mental body gets to rest. You can add soundproof curtains to ensure your bedroom is noise-proof. A perfect zone of peace and tranquillity.
- It is unnecessary to incorporate everything mentioned above in your bedroom. Just add those that are necessary and will help you sleep peacefully.
- Remember, you are taking the above-mentioned steps to get better sleep in your bedroom. Please do not get distracted and turn it into a bedroom decor project. The new additions can be chic and up to the latest trends, but they should satisfy your goal of having a relaxing bedroom for peaceful sleep.
Say yes to a space that is clutter free, has soft lighting, smells good, has some level of natural elements, has pleasant wall colors, allows you to meditate in a corner, pours soothing music to your years, has comfortable bedding for you, radiates your energy with your personal touches, and is an electronic free zone.
It’s time to fix your bedroom rather than fixing yourself if you aren’t getting the desired quality sleep. So, before you visit a doctor and get your check-up done, try the above-mentioned things for a peaceful sleep. Even if you do half of the above, we guarantee your sleep quality will increase, and you will feel much more relaxed.
To know more about creating mindful space design at different parts of your home, to get the best packers and movers services in India, or to get details on Vastu tips and Shubh Muhurat for Griha Pravesh and office inauguration, stay connected with Thepackersmovers.com and keep reading.
- How to decorate the Kitchen at home? - September 11, 2023
- How to decorate Temple for Shree Krishna Janmashtami? - September 4, 2023
- How to prevent your belongings from getting lost in your home? - August 25, 2023