North Facing House Vastu: All You Need To Know!!!
With the introduction of Vastu Shastra guidelines to the common man, he has become extremely cautious when it is about constructing a family home for his loved ones. Vastu tips for home are one such step towards having a blissful home overflowing with positivity, happiness, good health, and prosperity. As directions play an important and significant role in calculating the Vastu of a home, therefore, people have to adhere to certain guidelines and procedures when they are building a house facing any of the major four directions – North, South, East, and West.
Every direction has its own set of principles to be followed as per Vastu. So, if you are constructing a north-facing house, then you can find the details regarding the North facing house Vastu plan here:
WHAT IS A NORTH-FACING HOUSE?
A north-facing house is the one where the main entrance is facing the north direction.
ARE NORTH-FACING HOMES AUSPICIOUS?
According to Vastu Shastra, all the directions have certain pros and cons and when people follow certain Vastu guidelines, everything becomes sorted. In a north-facing home, there is a strict rule of placing the main door in the north direction.
VASTU TIPS FOR NORTH-FACING HOMES
Here are the following tips for a north-facing home as per Vastu Shastra:
Placement of the main door: The placement of the main door for a north-facing house should be in the north direction. The fifth pada (Soma) is believed to be the auspicious one as it will bring wealth and prosperity to your home. Apart from 5th pada, the 3rd (Mukhya), 4th (Bhallat), and 8th (Diti) padas also bring positive energies to your home.
One of the crucial things to remember in a north-facing house is not to have north-west facing main door as it can bring bad luck to the family members.
Placement of the staircase: The below-mentioned Vastu tips for staircases in a north-facing house are applicable for both external and internal fleet of stairs. Though we are talking about a staircase in a north-facing house, ironically, we must avoid building it in two directions: firstly, the north direction as it can lead to financial losses and the north-east direction as it can cause mental disorders. The other Vastu tips for the staircase in a north-facing house are:
- South, south-east, south-west, and west are auspicious directions to build a staircase in a north-facing house.
- The best corners for the staircase in a house facing north are west side and southwest in a counter-clockwise direction.
- If the staircase is built in some other direction, the orientation of it must be in the clockwise direction.
Placement of kitchen: As the kitchen is considered a holy place in any Indian household, therefore, its placement is extremely crucial in a home. Though the best direction for a kitchen in any house will be north-east, in a north-facing home, it can lead to neurological disorders, financial losses, and family issues. You must locate the kitchen in the southeast direction as per north=facing home Vastu.
Placement of Pooja room: As the pooja room is a sacred place in any Indian home, the best location of the pooja room is a north-facing home will be the west direction with the images and idols of Gods facing east. You can also keep the divine statues in the east-facing the west direction.
The other directions suitable to build pooja rooms in the north-facing houses are west, east, and northeast.
Placement of bathroom/septic tank: As a bathroom and septic tanks are connected with the water element, therefore, you must maintain great precaution while deciding North facing house Vastu plan of bathroom and septic tanks. Though the best location for the bathroom and septic tanks in a house will be front of the house according to the Vastu experts; but, for a north-facing house, this direction is never recommended by them.
The best directions to build them will be South of South west, East of South East, and West of North West.
Direction of the slopes: Never buy a plot that faces north and has a slope from the north to the south.
Trash in a north-facing house: Avoid keeping any clutter or garbage in the northeast or north side of a north-facing house. It can hinder the financial growth and development of kids in the house.
Location of trees: Avoid having trees on the north side of the house.
Location of electricity circuit board: The best direction for an electrical circuit board will be south-east as it balances the energies in the house.
Direction of the master bedroom: The southwest direction is the best for the placement of the master bedroom in a north-facing house.
Garage or car parking: North West or southeast directions are the best one for the location of car parking or garage in a north-facing house.
Level of land: The level of land on the north side should not be higher as it brings negative results. So, keep the level of the floors lower at all costs.
Effects of North Facing House on Women in Household
As per Vastu Shastra, a north-facing house majorly affects the women in the family. When women of the house are working, their success depends on this factor. So adhere to the following Vastu tips to remove Vastu dosha from your home for the betterment of women of the household.
- Keep the south-east of the house Vastu complaint as it is ruled by Venus, a planet related to women.
- Keep the doors in the south-east direction of your house well-lit if they open in this direction.
- Keep a water tank or any source of water in the north side of the house as it brings growth to women.
- Damage to the west, north-west, or south-eat part of the house can lead to health hazards or failed careers.
GOOD LUCK IN THE NORTH-FACING HOME
People willing to bring good fortune in their north-facing homes must follow these simple tips:
- The extension of the north-facing home must be in the northeast direction.
- Keep an idol of Lord Kubera in the north direction of the house for ideal opportunities.
- A north-facing house is believed to bring good health to the family members and infuse leadership traits in the women of the house.
- Keep a Tulsi plant on the north or northeast side of the house to eliminate negative energies.
NORTH FACING HOME VASTU – THE DO’S
- Locate the main door in the 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 8th pada in a north-facing house.
- Seek spiritual enlightenment placing the main door in the 5th Pada.
- The water storage or septic tanks must be in the northeast, north, east, or west direction.
- You need to keep some open space empty in the northeast and north side of the house.
- If the plot of your north-facing house is inclined, then ensure that it is inclined towards east or north directions.
- The boundary walls on the north and east directions must be smaller than the other walls.
- The kitchen must be in the north-west or south-east direction.
- The puja room must be in the east, north-east or west direction.
- Keep a money plant on the northern side of the house for positivity.
- The staircase should be in the south direction.
- The placement of the master bedroom should be in the west, east, or south direction.
- The electric circuit board is required to be placed in the southeast zone to balance the energies in the house.
NORTH FACING HOME VASTU – THE DON’TS
- The northwest direction must be avoided for the entrance door.
- The outlet for the wastewater must not be located in the north or south directions.
- Avoid colors like yellow, maroon, or red for painting in the north-facing house.
- Never place staircase in the northeast or north direction.
- The Northwest direction is not suitable for planting trees or garden.
- A bedroom must be avoided in the northeast direction.
- Don’t keep any trees, poles, etc. in front of the house.
- Never keep the underground tank in the north-west direction.
- Avoid constructing septic tanks, toilets, or bathrooms in the northeast, north, or east direction.
- Don’t put mirrors in the southeast and south direction of the house.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS – NORTH FACING HOUSE PLAN AS PER VASTU
Q1. What makes north facing house special?
Q2. Who should buy a north-facing house?
Moreover, people with the zodiac signs such as Scorpio, Cancer, and Pisces can also purchase a north-facing house.
Q3. Is north-facing house auspicious for senior citizens?
Q4. Can we have water bodies like lakes, ponds, wells, etc. in the north direction?
Q5. Can we have trees in the north direction?
Q6. Can we have trees in the north direction?
Q7. Is it Ok to buy a north-facing property with vacant open lands around?
Q8. Is it good to buy the north-facing property with a huge water tank on pillars in front of the plot?
Q9. Is it good to have hills and mountains in north direction?
Q10. Can we have septic tanks in the north direction?
Q11. Is it ok to have electricity transformers around the north-facing property?
Q12. Can we extend the north-facing property in the north direction?
Q13. Can we have a water storage pump below ground level?
Q14. Can we have a cellar or basement in north-facing house?
Q15. Can we construct a car shed in the north direction?
Q16. Is the north direction good for the entrance door or windows?
Q17. Can we have an office at home in north-facing house?
Q18. Can we have an office at home in north-facing house?
Q19. Is the north direction good for the garden?
Q20. Can we build a staircase inside or outside?
Q21. Is the north side good to keep the treadmill?
Q22. Can we keep rocks in the north direction?
Q23. Is the sewage line good in the north direction?
Q24. Can we have a storeroom in the north direction?
Q25. Can we have toilet in north direction?
Q26. Is master bedroom good in north direction?
Q27. Is master bedroom good in north direction?
Q28. Is balcony in north direction good?
Q29. Can we have a kitchen in the north direction?
Q30. What colors are suitable for north-facing house?
Q31. Can the north direction floors elevate?
Q32. Are low ground level road and lower level floors in north acceptable?
Q33. Are low ground level road and lower level floors in north acceptable?
Q34. Can we build servant quarters in the north?
Q35. Is it fine to keep the computer table in the north direction?
Q36. Can we give a north-facing home on rent?
Q37. Can we construct and close the north side of the house?
Q38. Can we have the main door in the north?
Q39. Can we start the construction at the north direction?
Q40. Can we have a swimming pool in the north direction?
Q41. Which is the best color for the north direction?
Q42. Who can occupy the room in the north direction?
Q43. What can be constructed in north direction?
Q44. C we have a master bedroom in north direction?
Q45. Where can you keep iron safe in north-facing home?
Q46. What are the guidelines for kitchen Vastu in a north-facing house?
- You can build a kitchen in the northwest direction if the garage is next to the kitchen.
- When the garage is in the northeast, then the kitchen should be in a southeast direction.
Q47. What are the advantages of the north-facing house?
Q48. What is north facing house Vastu plan 30×40?
- The northwest direction is ideal for guest rooms.
- If the house is extended towards the east, then keep the northeast corner Vastu in place.
- Keep the puja room in the northeast direction.
- For the northwest-facing house, North West facing house Vastu plan 30×40 is good for the living room.
- Keep a Kubera moola in your house.
Q49. Is it good to buy north facing house?
Q49. What is the Vastu for north facing home?
- 15 Useful Tips For Relocation During Monsoon! - August 2, 2021
- 8 Best Pujas For Home for Well-Being of Family Members During Pandemic - July 21, 2021
- Satyanarayana Puja: Dates, Timings, Significance, Puja Vidhi, & Other Relevant Details - July 12, 2021