50 Vastu Tips for Office – For Business Growth & Prosperity
Office Vastu – Vastu Shastra for Offices
The creation of a work environment that is positive, motivating, and blissful is directly proportional to the success and growth of a business. The architectural science of Vastu Shastra helps in building such an optimistic professional work culture both for the management and the employees to make an office space flourish with success and profits. Following the Vastu guidelines in the construction and designing of the interiors and exterior of an office will bring good fortune and prosperity to the business. So, here are some useful Vastu tips for office which will make your workspace boon with positivity and growth.
1. Direction of office buildingThe North, North-East or North-West are ideal directions for office buildings as they bring good fortune and positivity to business. The North direction is the direction of Kuber, the lord of wealth, and brings financial benefits to the business. The East direction is perfect for a service industry related office.
2. Location of officeThe office must be situated in a crowded place rather than a lonely one for prosperity. It must be surrounded by running roads.
3. Plot for officeSher Mukhi plots are the best for the buildings built for commercial purposes as their shape signifies a lion who is considered as the symbol of power, efficiency, and control. Such plots are broad in the front and narrow at the back facing the North direction.
4. Entrance of officeThe main entrance of the office must face North or East direction without any obstacles. Things to avoid: The door of the entrance must never be on the side of an interior wall as it can block the positive energies from coming in.
5. ReceptionAccording to Vastu Shastra, the reception of any office reflects the power and nature of a company. Therefore, it must give out positive vibes to the visitors, clients, or even employees. The receptionist must sit facing North or east direction. The reception area in the offices must be constructed in the East or Northeast direction. The company profile must be placed on the south wall and reception desk should be diagonally placed to the main entrance door. Flowers can be kept on the reception for positivity.
6. StaircaseAs per the guidelines of Vastu for office, the right place to construct a staircase in offices in the South or South-West direction. The staircases must be painted with light shades. Things to avoid: Staircase in the center of the office as it may lead to financial losses. Red and black colored staircases must be avoided in offices.
For north-facing workstations, things like files, documents, and electronic appliances like computers must be kept on the left side of the table. The east-facing workstations should have the above-mentioned items on the right-hand side.
Square-shaped or rectangular-shaped desks with four corners are ideal for the workstations as per Vastu Shastra.
Things to avoid: Workstations or desks must never be L-shaped or any other irregular shape as it may create confusion and delays in delivery of work. The idols of Gods and Goddesses must not be kept on your desk as it shows disrespect. Never eat food on the workstation or desk as this pace is only meant for business-related work.
8. Rooms of the office ownersThe room of the office owners should be located in the South-west direction. They should always face north while working. The desk of the office owner must be rectangular in shape with proper four corners. The back of the seat of the owner must always be a strong concrete wall.
Things to avoid: Keeping temples or divine idols behind the seat of the office owners must be avoided.
9. Employees deskThe desks of the employees must face North or East direction.
10. Accounts departmentThe accounts department in offices should be located in the North or East direction as these directions are ideal for conducting cash transactions. Moreover, the best place to keep the financial records is the Southwest or North of the cabinet.
11. Marketing departmentMarketing and sales staff must be located in the northwest corners of the office facing the north direction. This direction is auspicious and keeps them motivated.
12. Cash safeThe best position to keep the cash safe in the office is the southwest direction a sit denotes financial stability.
The West or North-West direction is the best place to construct toilets in offices according to Vastu.
Things to avoid: Never construct washroom in the in North-East, South-East or East directions in offices as they are symbolic of negative energies.
14. AquariumKeeping an aquarium in the North-East direction in the office increases the financial flow in the business. Put nine goldfishes and one blackfish for wealth and prosperity.
15. Conference roomThe ideal direction to construct the conference room in the office is in the north-west direction.
The pantry of any office must be positioned in the South-East direction. Paint the pantry in blue color and keep bright green plants in it for a touch of freshness.
Things to avoid: Pantry in your office should never be in the North direction and painted in pink or red color.
17. Colors of office walls
Painting bright colors on walls of the offices invokes positivity and vibrancy in the work environment. The shades of white, grey and blue are considered ideal to paint the walls of the offices.
- Blue is the ideal color for walls in the South direction
- White or cream are suitable for East, Southeast, Northeast and Northwest walls.
- Green color painted on Southwest walls is advantageous for the office work.
Things to avoid: Ignore colors like red, coral, pink or any other darker shade in office may lead to negativity.
18. Manager seating positionThe manager, director, Chairman, and executives of the company must face Southwest, South or West directions as per Vastu for office. These directions improvise their decisions at work and bring positivity in offices.
19. Administrative and HR seating positionThese two departments can be seated in the Southeast or northeast of the office. The positioning of their desk must be according to their professional hierarchy.
20. Technical DepartmentThe best place for this department is the southeast direction as it invokes power and passion.
The North-East corner of the office is the best place to keep the temples. Always keep this area clean.
Things to avoid: Never store heavy things in the North-East zone of the office.
22. Office parking
Vehicles must be parked in the North-West direction of the office building.
Things to avoid: Parking zones for offices must never be built in the North-East direction.
23. Overhead tanks
The South-West or South direction is the best for placing overhead tanks.
Things to avoid: Never construct the overhead water tank above the room of the office owner.
Guardroom must be located in the Northwest direction from where he can keep his eyes on the visitors as well as vehicles coming in the office premises.
Things to avoid: Never build a guard room in the North-East direction.
25. Electric equipmentsThe electric equipments such as servers, panels, photocopy machines; cameras, etc. should be placed in the South-east direction.
26. Office lawnsLawns with big trees must be developed in the West and South sides. Smaller lawns should be constructed without trees in the North-East, North and east directions.
27. Staff quarters
The North West direction is ideal for staff quarters. The second best option is the southeast direction.
Things to avoid: Never construct these rooms in the South West or North-East directions.
28. WindowsThe windows in the offices for the purpose of ventilation must be in the Eastern and Northern direction.
29. Cabins of the senior executivesThe ideal positions for the construction of these cabins are West, South, and Southwest.
30. Waiting roomThe waiting room in offices must be made in North-west or North-east direction.
31. Official files
Keep your important files in these directions –
|Account files||Southeast corner shelf|
|Purchase files||Southwest shelf on South wall|
|Sales files||Northwest shelf|
|Shares files||Shares to be sold in Northwest shelf on North wall and shares to retain on Southwest shelf made on South wall|
|Estate files||Southwest shelf on South wall|
|Raw materials files||Southwest shelf|
|Finished goods files||Northwest corner shelf|
|Income tax files||Southwest corner shelf|
|Sales tax and excise files||Southwest corner shelf|
|Import and Export files||Northwest corner shelf|
|Cash purchase files||Southwest corner shelf|
|Credit purchase files||Northwest corner shelf|
|Stores files||Southwest corner shelf|
|Staff and workers files||Northwest corner shelf|
|Pending bill receivables files||Northwest shelf|
|Litigation files||Northwest corner shelf|
|Personal files||Southwest shelf of cabin|
32. Lucky plants for office desk
Keeping bamboo plants, jade plants, snake plants, Areca palm plants, money plant, and dracaena plant on offices desks brings good luck and prosperity to business.
Other Vastu tips for office
33. The central part of the office must be left empty.
34. The Northwest part of your office is a significant one. No toilets or washrooms should be constructed in this direction and it should be kept clean and free from clutter as it may hamper the cash flow in the organization. Hanging a painting of white horses in the North-West zone symbolizes financial support.
35. In the case of a manufacturing business, the construction must begin from the south and then move towards north and west finally reaching east.
36. Always keep your desks clean and uncluttered as Maa Lakshmi has an urge for cleanliness at a business place. Untidiness creates confusion and disharmony among the employees.
37. The best place to keep bank papers and files is in the southwest location. It is important to apply kumkum tilak on the books of accounts.
38. The South-east part of the office must be painted with a blue color and surrounded by green plants.
39. Sleeping on the work desk creates negative energy.
40. Placing a turquoise pyramid on the workstations to promote better communication with colleagues.
41. The side tables and telephones in offices should be located in the southeast direction.
42. Place a picture of mountain scenery behind the seat to win the trust of peers.
43. The right place to keep finished goods is in the north-west direction to ensure their sale.
44. The open spaces must be left in the north, east, or northeast direction.
45. The height of the building must be equal on all sides. Or, the Southern and Western sides of the office building must be taller than the Northern and Eastern ones.
46. The Northeast direction of the office is perfect for the slope of the floors.
47. The septic tanks must be constructed in the northwest zone.
48. The reservoirs, bore well, or pools must never be built on the northeast axis.
49. The right place to keep the weighing machines in offices is North-West or Central-East.
50. The storerooms, employee lockers and other storages must be kept in the south or southwest direction in the office.
A Quick Summary – What to Build Where?
|Entrance door||East or North direction|
|Temple in office||Northeast|
|Cashier’s office||North direction|
|Water tank||Southwest or West direction|
|Staircase||West, South, and Southwest|
|Toilets||Southwest and Northeast|
|Almirahs and racks||Southwest|
|Telephone and side tables||Southwest corner|
The Ending Note
Are you planning to set up a new office for your new business idea? If yes, then this Vastu for office tips will help you establish a workplace that is infused with positivity, encouragement, divine blessings, and profits. Moreover, you should also perform a Puja in the new office within the auspicious business muhurat 2020 to bless your new business with all the blessings and prosperity.
Have a Vastu blessed office!!!
Latest posts by Sakshi Ecavade (see all)
- 10 BEST RESIDENTIAL LOCALITIES IN PUNE TO PLAN YOUR RELOCATION - April 2, 2020
- 50 Vastu Tips for Office – For Business Growth & Prosperity - March 13, 2020
- Business Muhurat 2020: Shubh Muhurat to Open New Offices in 2020 - March 4, 2020