East Facing House Vastu Plan: Best Vastu Tips for East Facing Homes
When it comes to buying a house property for your family, your preference is always an east facing one.
As this location is considered auspicious for many reasons according to Vastu Shastra, the best one is that the sun rises in the east and therefore, this direction symbolizes happiness, prosperity, hope, and good health. Although people ensure to have a griha pravesh puja or Vastu shanti puja before they enter their new home, still adhering to the concepts of Vastu will guarantee a happy family life.
With the popularity of Vastu-compliant homes as they bring a load of benefits to its residents, people have become really interested in ensuring to make their east facing homes fully compliant with the Vastu guidelines so that their family life is cheerful and in good health. So, here we have brought together some really useful Vastu tips for east facing homes just for you who are blessed to have a home in such an auspicious direction.
Vastu for east-facing main door
The main entrance of the east facing house is the topic of consideration. Ensure your main door is not located in the north-east or south-east direction as these corners are inauspicious to place the main entrance in an east-facing home according to Vastu experts. Moreover, the main entrance should be located in the middle and not in the corners.
In case your main entrance is in the north-east corner, then it should not touch the same corner. In such a scenario, you should keep at least half feet of distance between the main door and the wall.
In case you have south-east facing main door, then you should consider the following points to remove Vastu Dosha:
- Keep three Vastu pyramids on the sides and top of the entrance door right at the center.
- You can put Swastika, Om, Trishul on the left and right side of the main door.
- Keep a Siddha Shukra Yantra at the entrance to ward off any negative energy from your east-facing house.
- Another alternative to Siddha Shukra Yantra is Siddha Vastu Kalash to bring in positivity.
- The most auspicious Pada for the entrance of the house is the 5th one as it blesses your family members with success, name and fame.
- Third and forth padas can be used for the main entrance in case the fifth pada is small for it. Ensure you have a fifth pada.
- First and second padas are not beneficial in any way. In case, you are using the first pada for the entrance, then ensure to level a minimum space of six inches from the northeast wall.
- Sixth and seventh padas can be used for the main door in case the options for fourth, third, second, and first padas are not available. Make sure you include the fifth pada in the arrangement.
- The prohibited padas for the main door are eighth and ninth as health hazards enter homes through these padas.
Master bedroom Vastu for east-facing house
The best location for the master bedroom would be the south-west direction in the east facing home. Ideally and as per Vastu Shastra, the master bedroom should be bigger in size compared to the other rooms.
According to Vastu Shastra, the right direction to keep the bed in a master bedroom is the west or south wall. The head should be in the west or south direction and the legs must be in the east or north directions. The bathroom of the master bedroom should never face the bed and its door should be kept closed at all times.
The other Vastu tips for homes that are east facing are –
- The changing room in the master bedroom must be on the north or west side of the room.
- No mirror must be kept in the front of the bed in the master bedroom.
Living room Vastu for east-facing house
As per Vastu, the ideal direction for the living room in an east facing home is north-east as this direction is lauded as auspicious for multiple reasons.
- Keep the walls of the east and north side a bit shorter and thinner compared to the west and south walls. It brings success and prosperity on personal and professional fronts.
- The living or drawing room of an east facing house is in the north-east direction.
Pooja room Vastu in east-facing house
As per the guidelines of Vastu Shastra, the pooja room in an east facing house must be in the north east direction. Keep the ceiling of the puja room slightly lower than the other rooms. Never have a bathroom right in front of the pooja room.
Kitchen Vastu for east facing house
The best direction for the kitchen in an east facing house is south-east. The other direction that is suitable is north-west.
- Never have a kitchen in the north-east, north, and west directions.
- While cooking meals, you should face east in a south-east kitchen and west in a north-west kitchen.
- The ideal place to keep the cooking stove, toasters, and oven/microwave is south-east.
- Refrigerators must be kept in the south-west direction.
Dining room Vastu for east-facing house
The dining room in an east facing house should be placed in the east direction. The door of this room should never face the main door. Keep the sitting arrangement as such that everyone should face east, west or north while eating. The ideal place for the head of the family on the dining table is east and the remaining family members can have their seat on the east, west or north.
Study room Vastu in east-facing house
The best direction for a study room in an east facing house is east or west. The next ideal direction would be north. The door of the study room should never be behind the study chair. Ensure that there is an open space in front of the study table. You can also leave some gap between the adjoining wall and the study table for the circulation of good energies.
Water tank Vastu in east-facing house
The best direction for an underground water tank is north and north-east in an east facing house. The next suitable direction would be north-east and east for the water tank.
- Moreover, the next best direction for an overhead water tank is west or south-west.
- Never have a water tank in the center.
Toilet Vastu for east facing home
Make sure you have considered the right direction for a toilet in an east facing house as this place is known to flush out the negativities and the unwanted from the house. The directions you can consider according to Vastu for a toilet in an east facing home is the south of the south-west (SSW), east of the south-west (ESE), and the west of the north-west (WNW) corner.
The directions to be avoided are the southeast and northeast corner as it can lead to financial losses and legal disputes.
Staircase Vastu for east facing house
The best directions to construct a staircase in an east-facing home are southwest, south, or west.
Slope vastu for east facing house
According to the Vastu experts, the right directions to build a slope in an east facing property are northeast, east, and north. Avoid any slope in the south direction.
Vastu Plan for an East-Facing House
People who are planning to build an east facing home, it is always suggested to follow the Vastu guidelines to ensure positive energies in your home. Consider the following table that is also a plan for an east facing house Vastu.
|S. No.||Type of Rooms||Ideal direction according to Vastu|
|1||Guest room and living room||North-west|
|4||Study room and kid’s room||West|
|6||Verandah, balconies and other open spaces||East|
|10||Storerooms and garages||South-West|
|12||Entrance doors||Right in the Centre|
Dos of an East Facing House Vastu
- No toilets should be in the north-east corner.
- No bedroom should be in the north-east corner.
- No septic tank should be in the north-east corner.
- A staircase should not be built in the north-east of an east facing house.
- Avoid having a kitchen in the north-east corner.
- Avoid a plot sloping from north to south.
- Avoid big trees in the north and east of an east facing house.
- Avoid having garbage, dustbins, dirt, etc. in the north and north-east direction.
- Never take help of the rising sun to detect the east direction.
- Padas should only be considered for the direction of the main entrance.
- Avoid having any septic tank or bathroom in the north-east corner.
- Never have a bedroom on the north-east corner in an east facing home.
Do’s for East Facing House Vastu
- Locate the entrance door in the fifth pada as it gives name and fame.
- The walls in the north and east should be slightly shorter and thinner than west and south.
- Ensure the kitchen is in the southeast or northwest.
- Face east in the southeast kitchen and west in the northwest kitchen while cooking food.
- Pooja room should be in the northeast as it is very auspicious.
- A living room should be in the northeast.
- The guest bedroom should be in the northwest.
- A plot sloping from south to north is considered auspicious.
- The master bedroom in the southwest is considered the best.
- There should be no blockage in front of the main door.
East facing duplex house Vastu plans
Here are the Vastu house plans for east facing house:
- The entrance door should be in the fifth pada of an east facing duplex house.
- The bed should be placed in the south west wall of the rooms and the head should lie in the west or south direction. The legs should face north.
- The changing room should be in the north or west direction of the rooms.
- The bathroom should never face the bed and its door should be kept closed.
- Keep the walls in the north and east direction slightly thinner and smaller than the ones on the south and west.
- Kitchen should be in the southeast or northwest. Face east or west while cooking.
- Guest room should be in the northwest direction.
- Pooja room and living room must be in the northeast.
- South to north slopes are auspicious in an east facing duplex.
- Never have septic tanks, bathrooms, or toilets in the north east corner of the house.
- Avoid having big trees in the northern or eastern side of your house.
- Never have dustbins, garbage or dirt in the north or northeastern corner.
- Open spaces should be in the eastern or northern sides.
- Never buy property with land in the south or west direction.
Frequently Asked Questions on East Facing Home Vastu Tips
Q. What is an east-facing house?
An east-facing house is the one who has an east-facing main door.
Q. Is an east-facing house good as per Vastu?
The east direction signifies light, energy, and life. As per Vastu guidelines, an east-facing house is considered good for multi-storey apartments and buildings. But, for the bungalows and independent buildings, this direction is not good.
Q. Are east-facing houses lucky?
People across the globe have a belief that east-facing houses are auspicious.
Q. Do all east-facing homes bring fortune and luck?
Though people consider east facing houses as lucky, not all of them bring good fortune to its residents. It is not the orientation or direction of the house that makes a house lucky, but there are other significant factors as well.
Q. Who is suitable for the East Facing House?An east facing house is suitable for:
- Government officers
- Business owners
- Politicians and ministers
- Jewelry designers
- Musicians and dancers
- Creative writing people
- People from the academic sector such as counselors, professors, chairman, etc.
- Event management people
Q. Where should a puja room be placed in an east facing house?
The best position to place a puja room in an east-facing house is the east or north corner.
Q. What astrological signs are good for residing in an east facing home?
People with astrological signs such as Sagittarius, Aries, and Leo are considered good to reside in an east facing house.
Q. What are the best wall colors for an east facing house?
Blue, grey, green, and aqua are ideal colors for an east facing house.
Q. What plants are considered auspicious for east-facing houses?
Aloe vera, citrus plants, daffodils, neem plants, money plants, lucky bamboo, basil plants, banana plant, etc. are auspicious plants for east-facing homes.
Viki12 months ago
Saved as a favorite, I really like your blog!